Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"To be free, one must give up a part of oneself." Hedwig and the Angry Inch

I want to be free.

My eating disorder keeps me a PRISONER.

What do I have to give up to be free?

I have to give up the lies.

I have to give up the panic.

I have to give up the fear.

I want to be healthy.

My eating disorder keeps me SICK.

What do I have to give up to be healthy?

I have to give up the obsession.

I have to give up the pain.

I have to give up the bones.

I want to be strong.

My eating disorder keeps me WEAK.

What do I have to give up to be strong?

I have to give up the dependence.

I have to give up the doubt.

I have to give up the excuses.

To be free, I have to give up part of myself, but only the bad part.

What I have to lose is not worth keeping.

What I have to gain is everything.

3 comments:

  1. So true. There is so much to give up and you have everything and more to gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! And you make a great point too. I've been having trouble with my eating disorder too. I feel almost like i'm giving up a part of me. But that part really isn't worth keeping. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have everything to gain by giving up your eating disorder. Let this be the year that you do! You also have everything to lose by not giving it up - it will steal everything from you. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete