Monday, July 5, 2010

Every day is my best day; this is my life. I'm not going to have this moment again.- Bernie Siegel

So someone on my twitter page posted this quote tonight and it was exactly what I needed to hear. Moments are fleeting. We all pretend to know that, but do we really live like that? I've spent so many years feeling ugly or fat or not good enough for what ever reason. And now I wish I could have all of those moments back. I wish I could go back and really live in all of those moments I was holding back and trying to disappear, to blend into the scenery, to go unnoticed and unrecognized, terrified someone would think I was ugly or unimportant. Who cares if my body isn't "perfect" in a swimsuit? Is that worth missing out on the beach? The beautiful ocean, the waves, the sand, the breeze? Am I really going to continue to let my own perception of my body keep me from living this one and only life that I have been given the chance to live? Not anymore.

Not anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment