Friday, July 30, 2010

Homemade Vegan Blueberry Pie

Yesterday was terrible. But today, today was wonderful: just more proof that recovery is a process, but recovery is worth it.

Tonight was date night. My boyfriend took me to my favorite vegetarian/vegan restaurant. I had a delicious pasta dish. I ate a lot of it but he had to finish it. To top it off, we split a slice of homemade vegan blueberry pie and homemade vegan soy ice cream. Yum. In the past I would have never eaten dessert. I will admit that tonight I did acknowledge that it had more calories than I needed, but I think that's something most people acknowledge when they have dessert. It doesn't stop them from eating. I don't feel guilty. It didn't kill me. It was amazing. At one point in my life, I thought I would never be able to eat dessert again.

Never say never.

2 comments:

  1. What a great accomplishment! Your meal sounds so delicious and I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. btw, I'm loving the new blog look :) so fresh and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Good work!!! :) and beautiful new blog look!

    ReplyDelete