Monday, September 6, 2010


What a horrible weekend. I drove to Ky with my boyfriend on Saturday morning so that I could see the doctor. He was having chest pains and saw the doctor too. They did an EKG and some blood work and discovered he had a very low pulse and should see a cardiologist as soon as possible. We came back home yesterday (or at least we tried). We made it about 4 hours into our drive and I started feeling the worst abdominal pain I've ever felt. It was like the worst menstrual cramps you could imagine magnified by a hundred. It's not even time for my period so I didn't know what was going on. It became so painful I was crying and sweating and squirming in the car seat. My boyfriend stopped the car at a gas station/travel plaza. As soon as I stepped out of the car I began to feel very hot and dizzy. We walked in the door and my boyfriend was talking to me and my hearing went away completely. It was like my ears closed up and I couldn't hear anything. And then everything went dark and I got so nauseous and dizzy. And then I collapsed.

The next thing I knew, someone was holding ice on my back and neck and I was lying on the ground. I was sweating like crazy and my shirt and hair were soaking wet. I heard people talking and asking my boyfriend if I was okay but I couldn't speak and I was too sleepy to open my eyes. Then an ambulance came. The medic was asking me questions but I only wanted to sleep. They put me on a stretcher and into the ambulance to go to the emergency room. They gave me IVs and took blood and did a CT scan of my abdomen and a urine test and an EKG. The doctor gave me Valium and I slept for a long time. When I woke up, the pain was subsiding. She told me that my blood work was normal except for anemia. She said there were white blood cells and red blood cells in my urine. She thought it might be kidney stones, but none were present on the CT scan. She thought it may be my appendix but later ruled it out. She thinks that it was an ovarian cyst that ruptured, hence the severe abdominal pain and the blood in the urine. I've had ovarian cysts in the past but they were nothing compared to this. This was indescribable. She released me after 7 or 8 hours and told us to get a hotel nearby the hospital and rest. So we did.

We woke up this morning and drove the final four hours back to our house. I'm still having a lot of abdominal pain but not like I did yesterday. I haven't passed out anymore. I never want to do that again. I passed out once or twice when I was younger but it was nothing like this. I was so scared when my hearing went away. It's hard to describe. It's like my body was shutting down. I remember thinking, "Okay, this is it. I'm freaking going to die." Thank God it wasn't that serious.

I also felt guilty (even though it was beyond my control) because my boyfriend was so scared and worried, which isn't good if he's having heart trouble. He's going to see a cardiologist one day this week.

I'm going to bed early.


  1. what a horrible weekend!! i hope your bf is ok. is he very fit? that's often the cause of a low pulse and there's nothing to worry about. i hope he gets in fast.

    and as for your cyst...i have PCOS and have also had a few cysts rupture but only one that was a very similar experience to what you had. horrible horrible. i know the PAIN...the absolute agony of the rupture. mine left fluid in my ovary whatever that means.

    i hope you never have to experience that again!! and that everything with your bf is good.
    thinking of you!!!!

  2. Oh my god i'm so sorry! I really hope that you get better soon. I had a horrible weekend too. But it can only get better.